I'm not very familiar with license types. Which one do you guys suggest? Cheers.
A downloadable asset pack
Donations are welcome & appreciated to keep improving this package!
Pico8Com is a Pico8-JS-Websocket communication project to serve as foundation for Pico8 web multiplayer projects. It provides the required Lua and JS Code for Pico8-JS communication as part of a basic test project with a simple broadcast websocket Node.JS server.
In order to test the demo project:
- Install Node.js (http://nodejs.org/).
- Run "npm install" inside "server" folder to install the server dependencies.
- Run "node server.js" inside "server" folder to run the server.
- Open 2 instances of pico8com.html.
Pico8 side integration:
- Call "update_msg" in your _update function.
- Process input messages in "process_input" function, message data is in "imsg" variable.
- Call "send_message(msg)" in order to send messages to the JS side.
JS side integration:
Click download now to get access to the following files: